Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery was the brainchild of the Eleventh Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, the late Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah. Initially it was called ‘Muzium Kenangan’ (Memorial Museum) and was built in 1988 at Jalan Kota, Kampung Jawa in Klang.

After H.R.H. Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah ascended the throne in 2001, he instructed that Sultan Suleiman Building which was built in 1909, be turned into the new Royal Gallery.

On the 17th October 2007, H.R.H. The Sultan had graciously officiated The Royal Gallery and was opened to the public two weeks later.


  COPYRIGHT 2008 SELANGOR ROYAL GALLERY | privacy policy | terms & conditions SiteMap